A no-pressure statement gift encouraging exploration and experimentation, we chose five teas that are for drinkers who are, let's say, acquainted with tea but 1) want to get to know tea better and 2) don't know where exactly to begin. This array is one such introduction--across the tea processing spectrum, there are samples to taste the potential white tea has to offer, a complex yet easy-drinking Japanese green tea, a sweet pearl-shaped oolong, a distinctively aromatic oolong, and an incredible black tea unlike many most available.
This elegantly wrapped gift set comes packed with 10 gram sample pouches of the following:
- Dehong Snow Phoenix, an all-bud specialty of Chinese white teas
- Koushun Sencha, a distinctively flavorful cultivar processed into a familiar Japanese green tea style
- Brandy Oolong, a classic Taiwanese style that's as sweet and lush as the liquor its named for
- Honey Orchid, an introduction to dancongs, an intensely floral, fruity subcategory in the broad genre of oolongs
- Iron Goddess Black, a black tea made from a cultivar usually reserved for green/roasted oolongs, but makes an unexpectedly-flavorful cup.
*Note: this may not arrive in time for Christmas due to delays. We hope it does; we're sorry in the case it might not. Thanks for your patience and understanding!